Wednesday, June 25

Green Bean Soup with Sago





Ingredients (I used estimation for my recipe):
Green beans (Soaked overnight, but I only soaked for 1 hour and it cooked well)
Small Sago to about 1/3 parts to amount of green beans (Rinse and soak from the time you start boiling your water)
Pandan leaf (Wash and tie up)
Rock Sugar (I ran out of rock sugar so I tried the candied winter melon and it was good too.)
Water


As for the Candied winter melon, my mother said that it would make the soup more "liang" (as in relieves heaty-ness even more, therefore might not be a good thing because green bean soup is already meant to relieve heaty-ness, thus please stick to rock sugar OR sugar/raw sugar cubes for alternative)

Boil the water, throw in the green beans and pandan leaf. Until you see the beans starting to crack/turns soft, throw in rock sugar and sago. Keep stirring. Once the sago turns about 4/5 transparent, turn off the fire.

Anyway it is, cook it to your liking. I kinda like my green/red bean soup a little mushy, thus I boiled them for a longer time. 




Tadah!!!
Yum yum in your tum tum!


No comments: