Sunday, June 17

Review: Pow Sing Restaurant

Hello everyone! Bet you readers are mad with me, I have so much questions on formspring saying I've neglected my blog and why am I not updating like how I used to..

Here am I, bringing you a food review on Pow Sing Restaurant that I went 2 days ago by a media invitation from Street Directory!






In the cab on the way there.. Was hungry already and couldn't wait to reach there asap for my brunch..


One of my favourite amongst the dishes, the Nonya Tauhu is cripsy on the outside, tender inside. There is a sauce for it too and it complements the Tauhu really well! The smallest portion; $8 is a fair price, enough for 3-4 pax to share!


Then we had the Cripsy Nonya Squid, the favourite amongst the other bloggers, personally, I am not a fan of Cripsy Squid, but I think its fair enough that I compliment it because the sauce used to cook the squid is nice.. it's just like the sweet and spicy chilli sauce everyone loves! yums! Everyone was raving about this dish when they had it. $10 for the smallest portion, great for snacking before the other dishes arrive!


Awards on the wall..


Ahhh... Kangkong Belachan is a must-order for me whenever I go to any Zi-Char stalls.. they have it here in Pow Sing too! Too bad, it's a tad too salty for me, perhaps I don't really take heavy seasoning well all the time.. I think it is still acceptable because no one at the table was complaining about it except me. Wahahaha! $8 for the smallest portion, love to pair Kangkong Belachan with white rice.... Shiok!


Tadah, Pow Sing is famous for their Hainese Chicken! The succulent chicken is moist and tender, me love!
Half chicken for $13. We almost gobble up the whole plate!



Put aside the Hainanese Chicken, hold your breath now and I am sorry but I am sure you are feeling hungry now.. Pow Sing is not only famous for their Hainanese Chicken and Nonya cuisines.. Here comes the best part.. Fish Head Curry!!! All of us were anticipating for this dish to come out and.. the fragrant... help.... Let's dig in!



IT IS HUGE. yes. lol!
But though it is huge, we finished it up. The fish (red snapper/ang-koh-li) is said to be brought fresh to the shop daily, true to it, the fish is really fresh. In minutes, the fish was left with bones.. Lol, $32 for a portion enough for 1..2...3...4...6, yes 6 of us were present during the meal.. I just wished the okra (lady's finger) could be cooked longer though.. I like okra in curry soft n tender.. Overcooked kind.. Personal!


Here comes my favourite, the Cereal Prawn!
It's good, really, prawns fry to a crisp you can bite into the shell and just eat it without feeling uncomfortable for your throat. Just wondering.. the dish is cooked really well.. but the boss said.. it is not in the menu.. only served upon requests! $18.




Darling Emeline enjoying the Nonya Tauhu..




Look at the amount of times they have been up in the papers, magazines etc! The boss said they had more but they didn't display all out!



Waitresses was very prompt in clearing our tables... desserts up next!


Chendol... gula melaka is my fav! yums.. the boss said it's a very popular dessert..


I had mango pudding and ill just give it a normal pass. It's acceptable but could be better (:



Boss of Pow Sing Restaurant.


Many many more dishes..

Pow Sing Restaurant was first opened on 1983 which later moved just about 2-3 stalls along the same stretch into a new place at 1989 till now..

If you like "zi-char" style, chinese food, yet you would like a more comfortable area to dine in with your loving family or friends for a gathering, you can try heading to Pow Sing Restaurant. They served really homely fares for you and your love ones to have a great meal.

I rate this 6.5/10
Go for it and tell me your views! (:





Love,
Cindy

No comments: