Saturday, August 18

Daily Gratitude (Week 1: On being grateful)

Each day this week, write down at least 5 things for which you are grateful. The key to doing this exercise is to remain mindful, not to take this exercise for granted. For example, as you write down "parents", see them in your imagination; if you write down "conversation with your partner",try to re-experience the same feelings you had while conversing with your partner. After this week, continuing doing this exercise at least once a week. 
by Even Happier, Tal Ben-Shahar, Ph.D. 

Daily Gratitude List
Day 1: I am grateful I had a opportunity recently. I am grateful for Jess and Sam. I am grateful for my husband's support. I am grateful for dinner with Priscilla, Qianyi and Joyce. I am grateful that hubby is going to end reservist and I will be able to see him tomorrow. I am grateful to Clarins' consultant for my great purchase. I am grateful dinner was saved for me when I reached home. I am grateful I have bird's nest almost every night that mom prepared for me.

"What you focus on expands, and when you focus on the goodness in your life, you create more of it. Opportunities, relationships, even money flowed my way when I learned to be grateful no matter what happened in my life." -Oprah Winfrey

Dinner with Pris, Joyce and Qianyi today.. Decided upon Marche.. yums!!
Love everything I ate there (except for stir-fried/baked beet root) hahahaha!!





The cheese pizza was yummeh too but noticed there was parma ham in it. No cured meat during pregnancy so I took it out!

Women : We always have space for desserts.

Haagen Dazs for chocolate fondue. As much as I love chocolate fondue, I've decided not to patronize chocolate fondue from Haagen Dazs unless I'm super craving for it and there's no other restaurants around that serve chocolate fondue. The chocolate fondue standard drop tremendously in my opinion. When you go for chocolate/cheese fondue, you're dipping your food/snacks into the fondue sauce and you definitely expect good quality sauce. But sadly to say, Haagen Dazs' chocolate fondue has chocolate that taste like melted butter + chocolate (cheap chocolate taste).




We had a great time though, discussing about who can bite through ice cream. I was the only one who could do so! Haha.. Is that strong teeth or what?

2 Clarins' product bought today to aid my skin from pregnancy. One bust firming and one body treatment oil.
The rest are samples, really like the sales consultant at Vivocity. No hard sales, and you just feel good. She was really good in her explanation. Is her name Anne? Was too engrossed in listening to her explaining to be our skin etcetc, I know she will always be at Vivo. Will take note of her name again the next time I buy. (:


Hope these investments are worth it!
No stretch marks please! (:

Btw, yes, reservist ends for hubby tml and I will be seeing him likely in the evening!
Excited, wonder if I'll be able to sleep cause I miss him too much and haven been sleeping well for the past few days without him ):

Looking forward!

Happy day yall!
Cindy


No comments: