Monday, April 27

Hummus without Tahini~


Made my first home-made Hummus! 
Do you know Hummus is actually very healthy? 

You can omit out Tahini (Simply a blend of sesame) to save on calories! 

My simple recipe goes like this:

1 can chickpeas (I am still trying to find dry/raw chickpeas, don't really fancy anything canned?!)
About 2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp EVOO 
1 tbsp Sesame oil
Sprinkle black pepper as needed
Some water (You can use stock or liquid reserved from canned chickpeas)
Truffle salt to taste

And blend! Add liquid accordingly to your favourite consistency! 

Love it! I think I can do better with this simple recipe, perhaps adding some cumin/paprika and even avocado. 

Just google! Tons of recipe and articles about the benefits of Hummus. 

Keep calm and eat well.

Love,
Cin







No comments: