Friday, November 23

Food these days.

I would call this a food post? lol..



Famous wanton mee from Lavender food square the husband went out to buy for our brunch some days ago.. yummy! Didn't quite like it on my first try last time because im not really a fan of char siew and wanton.. but i actually craved for it after the first try! Perhaps my taste buds went cranky on my first try cos after all I realised I really quite like them, the sauce especially (:

There was once husband and I went and realised it was closed.. so here, I found some details..
http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/kok_kee_wan_ton_noodle/


Next, I was whining to the husband that I really felt like having this and here we are.
奇味鸡煲 at upper serangoon. yummyyyy!
If you're not up for something spicy, please choose the 小辣 ,hubby and i had the 中辣 and it was just nice (a little hot for us at first..) for us cause we love spicy food..

I love food like this (steamboat/teppanyaki/claypot etc).. cause they're always hot, mostly hot even till the last drop.. slurps.. and..in my opinion, food that are served piping hot usually taste a lot nicer than when they cool down.. of cause not talking about desserts/dishes that are meant to be served chilled/cold.

I went to the fridge with the husband and choose some side dishes to dump into our steaming hot claypot.
took some enoki mushrooms, fishballs and chye sim vegetables. 大白菜 would go great with this dish but because I am pregnant... I found out that eating 大白菜gives me terrible leg cramps at night. The vegetable is term 凉 kind for the chinese..

Check it out here !




Before my check up that day, husband and I decided to lunch at Wasabi Tei , a japanese eatery at far east plaza.. http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/wasabi_tei_japanese_cuisine/

Quite like the food there and I can't wait to give birth to my little bubble because I am missing all those sashimi! It's like a little torture for me because I am dining in a Japanese eatery and yet can't order any raw/chilled food. awwwww... 



Anyway this is the appetizer and I kinda like it. Ugly as it seems but it is actually seaweed. Taste a little sweet, a little.. braised meat kind because I find small chunks of meat and beancurd inside.



Ahh.. here comes my chawanmushi, a must order whenever I go to any Japanese eatery/restaurants. This chawanmushi is a little costly, costing $5/-! But, it's worth a try because it is really soft and silky and the ingredients inside were quite alot, perhaps that explains the price.

There was mushrooms, a whole tail of prawn, a piece of chicken chunk and some chewy japanese vermicelli at the bottom. i like the vermicelli though, its what you always see in Sukiyaki too, my favourite. 

Not bad but I guess I have already taken a liking to Ichiban's Chawanmushi so much that by far, i haven had a chawanmushi that is better. oops.



Urgh, not a big fan of Unagi,  had no choice but to order this cos in my mind, I was only craving for sashimi.. haha, it's really quite good. I finished everything. The unagi was grilled perfectly, something simple.

And the meal ended with two slices of cold watermelon.

Check up at the doctor's. Strapped on the ctg scan for contractions and baby's heartbeat for 30 minutes...



Thankful for the husband who keeps buying me bird's nest and mummy who keeps double boiling it for me. Only eat 金丝燕 and we always buy from Dragon Brand's, they give you a free pack of rock sugar each time you buy too!

Wonder how much they earn from selling bird's nest cause they're so expensive. Sometimes I feel stupid eating bird's saliva ;p ... it's a love-hate contradicting relationship with bird's nest for me.. don't mind me. haha



Waiting for the husband to call and chitchat before going to bed. Yawns.
Are you hungry after reading? haha.

Love,
Cindy

No comments: